Are you experienced in accounts or tax and are looking for a new challenge?
QBE or ATT. Minimum 2 years’ experience, practice preferred
The staff at Marslands are looking for a friendly individual with an accountancy background to complete our accountancy practice in Plympton, Plymouth. Marslands offer a variety of accountancy and tax services to local businesses and believe in the personal touch.
Due to expansion, a vacancy for a part-time or full time accounts senior has arisen, for someone who is an enthusiastic, reliable person. The hours are flexible and the position would suit somebody returning to work, as we are happy to give full training in current practices and tax to the right candidate.
Your role will be the preparation of a variety of accounts for sole traders and limited companies but also rental accounts and personal tax returns for a variety of clients. As we are a small hands on practice, the role is likely to have a much wider variety and could lead to partner potential for the right person who loves networking!
The ideal candidate should be qualified by experience and/or a part qualified or qualified ATT. They should be able to work on their own initiative, be able to follow clear concise instructions and be methodical.
Practical experience and Skills
- 2 to 4 years’ practical experience preferably within practice.
- Good accounts experience including Debtors, Creditors, HP, WIP, Journals etc
- Working knowledge of personal tax, corporation tax, PAYE, VAT and CGT
- Working knowledge of tax software preferable
- Strong technical knowledge and skills
- Microsoft Office knowledge (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Knowledge of Cloud accounting software eg. Xero, Quickbooks, Sageone
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Forward thinking
- Easily motivated
The salary is negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.
Interviews are to be held in April/May 2019
Closing date for applications – None if the right person comes along now they get the job!
Job Type: Part-time or full time
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to apply.